code 94 - idle speed too high

Hi, I have a 94 SL1 w/ standard transmission. I got a check engine light and the reveled code is a 94, which is idle speed too high (vacuum leak). I checked around and saw no obvious "hose off" or anything. Just for grins, I replaced the PCV and grommet as well as a "not so clean" air filter. The PCV had a real- ly sloppy fit into the valve cover. However, I am still getting the check engine and code 94. If I am at a stop light and sitting there idling, the engine will speedup for a few and check engine will illuminate. Anyone seen this and solved this problem?

chuck

Reply to
chuck smoko

EGR maybe. The replacement PCV parts not OEM?

Reply to
Blah blah

I'd pull the throttle body and give it a good cleaning while you're at it. Might have a gummed up IAC, and that can do interesting things...

Reply to
Philip Nasadowski

Phipip, What is a IAC?

chuck