Computer Code Reader 94 SW2

Any recommendations for a computer code reader for my 94 SW2? I would prefer one that I can connect to my laptop. I tried the Actron GM Code Scanner listed below and it was annoying because I had to count how many time the lights went on & off and I want the kind that just gives me a txt read of ether codes to look up in a book or text for all the information. I have been looking for one which connects to a laptop and actually gives a diagnostics. I restore vintage sports cars as a hobby so I am very handy in my shop. Thanks Linda

Linda

You can go with the more expensive types from any garden variety Auto Parts store. A typical Tech II tool can cost in the hundreds or more. I believe JC Whitney also sells a GM diagnostic tool for less, these are the ones with the LCD display that shows the code, clears it, etc. Not necessary for OBDI computers. I use an inexpensive GM code reader from Innova I bought from WallyMart for the older Saturns. It comes with a book showing all codes. Costs about $25. Has worked great for me so far! For OBDII, Harbor Freight sells a GM OBDII code reader for about $40.

Reply to
marx404