Connector in the trunk

I have had my 96 SL2 for about a month now and have been wondering what this wide connector is.. It looks like it connects to.. Something.. Not sure to what though.. I know it isn't the computer connector for the OBD II connector.. That is near the drivers side under the dash.. Any ideas...

Ben

Reply to
Ben

Possibly someone had a multi-player CD-ROM player mounted in the trunk? You need to follow the cable and see where it goes as that would give us a hint.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman

I will do that but I know the original owner of the car and I know for a fact he never had a CD changer in the car.. It still has the originial stereo in it.. But it does make me wander if a CD Changer was an option for the year of 96..

Reply to
Ben

Most likely the factory installed CD changer harness. Harnesses get installed whether or not the option is called out. does make it easier to add an aftermarket one though.

Reply to
Oppie

I've got a 96 SL2, and it came with a CD changer in the trunk, with a wide connector. I'd just as soon not have the thing there, since it takes up trunk space and I don't use CD's anyway. But that's what the connector goes to. Tedrick

Reply to
TSMANGOD