Creaking noise heard from right front - 99 SC1

99 SC1, 117,000 miles, manual tranny.

I am having a creaking-type noise coming from the right front of the car, under the following circumstances:

When I engage the clutch, whether moving or not. Meaning I can apply the brake and engage the clutch and hear the creaking noise.

When going over speed bumps or other road disfigurations, especially at slow speeds.

The sound sure seems like it's suspension related, but i'm not sure. I haven't inspected anything yet. I will check out the engine mounts today if work allows.

Anyway, I am spooked about tie rods, cv joints, wheel bearings. I had all of these problems with my old car ('90 Escort GT). The CV boots are in great shape. No cracks or anything.

Any thoughts?

Reply to
Ken Very Big Liar

I'm experiencing knocking noise in my 95SL2 when moving, getting it looked a on Saturday, so I will repost when I know the results.

Reply to
Skid

If you mean you can engage the clutch in neutral and hear the noise then it's in the clutch linkage or it's just body panels responding to the pressure on the clutch pedal.

If you mean that you put the car > 99 SC1, 117,000 miles, manual tranny.

Reply to
Dan Hicks

I highly suspect either the top motor mount or the lower one(pas side). When my top one wore out it made a metal on metal click whenever I let the clutch out, or decelerated real hard(went from accel to decel - engine shifts). Also same symptoms when my lower mount broke in half. Get it checked out soon........if the lower mount should happen to have broken off, it could lead to a tore CV boot(like mine did......).

Reply to
BANDIT2941