Dead battery and clatter between seats?

Went to start the ol' SL2 and it barely cranked and gave up. Another battery so soon? It's one year old and new alternator is around 6 months old. Battery was not replaced when the alternator died so that may be the answer. I know the heat has been bad this year (heat gauge hit the 3/4 and touched the red more than a few times), but the strange thing was some relay-like clatter between the seats even continuing when the key was off.

Anyone ever hear this relay clatter before when the battery went - or is it something new to worry about?

BP~

Reply to
B. Peg

I just recently replaced my batt on a 97SL2 and a couple of weird electrical issues magically cured themselves. This car seems really sensitive to voltage changes.

The first electrical oddity was the left, rear power widow. It was pausing/stopping when I raised it from the front seat console switch (the control on the rear window worked perfectly) - I assumed it was a failing switch, however with the new batt it works perfectly.

The other one (and maybe just coincidental) was my cooling fan remained running after I switched the car off and got out of the car. I got back in the car put the key back in, switched to on, then off and then the fan went off.

Reply to
Jonnie Santos

I just replaced the battery and all seems well. The guy at the parts store said batteries seem to be failing a lot due to the high heat. A year seems pretty short but he says some are coming back shorter than that. Comment was "The don't build them like they used too."

BP~

Reply to
B. Peg