Dome light '01 Lw300

The rear (cargo area) dome lamp in our lw300 went out lately. Lamps (3) seem to be all OK but won't come on regardless of the position of the switch. Front dome lamp works properly.

Before I make myself crazy toting out the electrical drawings, anybody seen this before? Since all the lamps are on a timer to turn off power after 20 minutes, I suspected a hiccup in the body control module. Pulled all the usual fuses (just short of pulling the battery feed) to reset the systems - no change.

Thanks in advance for any information Oppie

Reply to
Oppie

Found the problem. I installed a class 1 trailer hitch and trailer light converter a couple of weeks ago. Tapped in all the circuits for the trailer lights in the left rear tail light access panel. The connector feeding the rear dome light is inside that panel too. I must have dislodged it and never noticed the dome was out. Just pushed the connector together again and all is good.

Reply to
Oppie