Driver's side seat replacement... how difficult?

I'm wondering if anyone out there can give me some insight into the difficulty of replacing my driver's side seat myself. I drive a '95 SL1, and it is a completely manual seat (no electric adjustments). I'm not a mechanic, but I am reasonably handy.

If it is something I should be able to do myself:

1) How much should I expect to pay a junkyard for the seat? 2) Approximately how long should the repair/replacement take?

Thanks, Tim

Reply to
Tim Coghill

IIRC you'll need a Torx socket of the correct size (E10, maybe?)

With the correct socket, a couple of minutes.

Tim.

Reply to
shoppa

snipped-for-privacy@trailing-edge.com typed until their fingers bled, and came up with:

E10 (female bit) it is.

not long at all - unplug the seatbelt minder, remove 4 bolts, yank seat out, reverse process to install - and don't forget to use blue locktite on the bolts.

As far as cost, I've paid $75 for one at the junkyard, $50 from someone making a race car, and sold my originals for $45.

Reply to
Kevin M. Keller