emergency key from saturn

Hi folks,

I got my first saturn ION 1 a month ago, and the emergency key got mailed last week.

the description says it can only open the door, but cannot start ignition; I tried and it does not only open the door but also start ignition. is it something wrong with the key, or the description? Thanks for the help..

SJ

Reply to
SJ

Description apparently. Just tried mine & it opens the door & starts the car.

ION2 w/remote keyless entry system & passlock security system.

Reply to
Bill Davis

yea, that is a typo, key works as should.

marx404

Reply to
marx404

imho:

Thing that comes to mind is, you need the key replaced. Most likely problem you will run into and have to use that key is locking your real keys inside the car. A situtation your current emergency key doesn't seem to help.

Go to a dealer and get the real emergency key ordered.

hth,

tom @

The Real Tom

Reply to
richard soucie

The Real Tom wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

You misread. Not only did it unlock his door, but it also fit and worked in the ignition.

The packaging says it is only for the door locks becuase it is not a very durable unit. Our local AAA (auto club) will make one out of plastic while you wait to do the same thing.

It is not keyed any different for the doorlock or ignition (though I can't say about the glove box, eg: a valet key) but it is not designed to be twisted in the ignition to engage the starter. The stress of turning on the accesory power mode is nothing compared to the start position.

Reply to
Steph

where do i get an emergency key

Reply to
richard soucie

Saturn sends it to you a month or so after new vehicle purchase.

Reply to
Bill Davis

Reply to
richard soucie

"does not only"

Opps, sorry for misreading, and thanks for the correction. It makes sense now. I'm working on only a public school education. ;)

later,

tom

Reply to
The Real Tom