Engine makes rattling noise when 97 SC2 is stopped in drive.

My 97 SC2 makes a rattling noise when I come to stop. This mostly happens when the car is in drive. When I shift to nuetral or park the noise instanly disappears. It also goes away once I start driving. I can put car's emergency brake on and leave it drive to check under the hood. It sounds like it is coming from the left side of the engine where the belts are.

I just had the alternator, belt tensioner, and water pump replaced last month. The car has 63,000 miles on it.

What could it be?

Thanks for any help.

Reply to
Raven

Might be a TAM (torque axis mount), i.e. motor mount at the top of the engine by the belts. They seem to go around 50k in 'some' cars. I was getting dash and door rattles when my mount was bad, at a stop, at idle.

Reply to
Jonnie Santos