Ethanol E85 Fuel

Hi,

I have a 2005 Saturn ION-3. Does anyone know if it will run on the new Ethanol E85 fuel that is starting to become available in more states? I checked the Saturn website but could not find anything.

JD

Reply to
Joe Delphi

If a vehicle can run on E-85, you can be sure there will be stickers all over the thing letting you know how wonderful it is.

If they didn't tell you it can, it certainly can't.

Reply to
Bert Hyman

Yeah, after my original post I found a GM website that listed all of their products that could use E-85. They were all 2006 and 2007 vehicles, nothing earlier than that. :(

JD

Reply to
Joe Delphi

I think you can have them converted. It starts by adding a stainless fuel tank and stainless fuel lines. Then uhh...it becomes more work than its worth.

Reply to
blah blah

It requires a ECM upgrade and different injectors too becayse it has to flow a lot more volume of fuel at times too because of the lower energy content of E85 vs straight gas so more of it has to be burned.

SnoMan

Don't use it. Its not recommended for an ION to get more than 10% Ethanol.

Reply to
seawater

I agree but you are safe up to 15% or E15.

SnoMan

Steve Barker LT