Fire: What Went Wrong?

...thanks Ken - you're absolutely right. I've been through a couple of the human losses in the last couple of years and since surviving those, everything else (material wise) seems much lower on the scale of importance. Lottery is tonight - maybe I'll win and get that over-restored 1970 Hemi Challenger too! (grin)

Reply to
Jonnie Santos

Neighbor behind me called over the fence the other day to come take a look. He knows that I'm a motor head and lead me to his garage. There stood the most magnificently restored 1970 Dodge Challenger I had ever seen, Yellow exterior with black interior. He is a manager at one of the NY City Bus garages and a former mechanic but bought the car restored. Original numbers don't match so there had been some swapping done but still impressive.

I just looked out the window. I can see the columns of light from the World Trade Center site that are on as a tribute tonight. God bless the innocent souls that were lost there.

Oppie

20 miles North of ground zero
Reply to
Oppie

I keep forgetting you're in New York. The lights seems like a great tribute. We were watching some of the archived news footage over at my Mom's tonight showing the 2nd plane fly into the tower - took me right back to that morning before work when I was drinking coffee, reading my email and watching the news on the TV out of the corner of my eye. By the time I was on the road to work with the radio on listening to what was going on, the

2nd tower came down. Can't believe it's been 3 years.

Cool about your neighbor's Challenger - great looking cars I think.

Reply to
Jonnie Santos

I got a neighbor with a '70 Roadrunner, with a Hemi. A somewhat, uh, worked Hemi. He owes me a ride in it :) But probbably won't let me drive :(

Comming home from Home Depot tonight, mom and I saw it. Still remember that day - I watched the coverage on a 50's vintage B&W portable TV set i was restoring at the time. The set never let me down - still hasn't. Just another chapter of history it went through. I imagine the origional owner saw a lot of history on it, too!

Reply to
Philip Nasadowski