Foamy Antifreeze 94SL2

well im not sure why i cna't see posts past september - so ill try this agian.

Woudl anyone have any ideas as to why my antifreeze in my reservoir has the consistency of a fresh cappucino? every 5-6 months or so, my low coolant light comes on - i add some, no big deal. I havent been able to find a leak anywhere, bu ti added stopleak 4 months or so ago, it just clotted up and gathered in my reservoir - stuff looks nasty. Anyway, just curiosu about the incredibly foamy aspects and what the deal might be.

Thanks

Tim

Reply to
Tim

Your engine most probably has a cracked head. The cappucino is made by mixing coolant and engine oil. Check for coolant in your oil but even if you can't see any, take your care in for service. 5-6 months! Expect quite a bit of damage to the whole engine as the coolant in the oil will degrade its lub properties.

Good luck and report back to the newsgroup.

Frank

97SL1
Reply to
Frank

Hey there, does ure coolant look like the normal green color ? Or is it ornage ? If it is not one of those colors and it kinda looks like chocolate milk than I suggest you check your oil, if you have been going through oil latley than you may have a cracked head. A friend of mine had one that did that and they took it to the dealer and thats what they said it was. If it overflows than there is a problem since it shouldnt overflow since it is a closed system unless the car is overheating.

Tim wrote:

Reply to
Me

actually its white - no specific color, but certainly not antifreeze green. Im not having any overflow or overheating problems. I am consuming oil , but its a Saturn and its got 238 thou miles on it. =) A buddy asked if i saw white smoke from my exhaust which i do not.

what makes it get foamy like that - some other chemical ruining its antifreeze properties and it gets to hot and turns to foam or somethign? Im pretty sure when my engine is cool the antifreeze is normal.

Reply to
Tim