Foot Pedal Extensions

Can anyone recommend a source for accelerator and brake pedal extensions - the type that allow a short driver to sit further away from the streering wheel/airbag

For use on a 2006 Ion

John Cowart

Reply to
bo peep

What I suggest is see you local Saturn parts dept about the ION accessories chrome foot pedal covers. If possible, add some strong 2 sided foam tape (like what you can get at Home Depot for permanent adhesion) to raise the pedal further. Installthe pedal as normal using the tape to raise the pedal and to prevent slip.

I did this with Ractive pedals on my SC2. I got them from

marx404

Reply to
marx404

I had already talked to the guys in the Saturn parts dept - the foot pedal covers would only raise the height by a fraction of an inch. I'm looking to raise the height by 3 or 4 inches.

John Cowart

Reply to
bo peep

There is no such thing as a pedal extender that extends 3 or 4 inches. At least not any safe part. If your concern is the airbags, the Saturn dual stage is safer than most to prevent injury. I am short and have concerns about sitting so close to the airbag, but reclining your seat backwards then moving the bottom forward will work perhaps. Placing something 3 or 4 inches on top of the pedals is dangerous as they can come loose and jam the pedals.

With no pun intended, perhaps you can try a special needs shop for disabled people who can manufacture such a part? I have seen people have thier seats modified, etc. to accomodate thier physical needs. Be aware of anything that can void any existing warranty though.

marx303

Reply to
marx404