from Saturn fan to Saturn Consultant

Just a heads up and a hello to all Saturnites here, especially those who live in or near South Florida.

I have been a member of this board and quite a few others, including SaturnSpot and Saturn Fans for a few yrs now, since I got my 94 SL2. I have met quite a few neat people and learned a lot about my Saturn, enough to believe in them and love Saturns - quirks and all, they are great cars.

I decided that I needed a career change after 10 yrs in computers. So I figured why not go work for Saturn and sell thier cars? So I did and now I am a new Saturn Consultant at Saturn of Stuart, FL (just 30 min. N of West Palm Beach).

In my experience as a customer, I found not many Saturn entusiasts working at my local dealerships. I think that's something that has been missing for a long time. That's why I am hoping to change that by meeting and building a good repor and earning friendships with local Saturn owners and entusiasts.

I just stared this new job, it would be great to have you come over and see me just to say hi and show me your Saturn! (* no sales pitch here, I just want to build local repor with other Saturn enthisiasts and make some new friends). Ask for Mark when you get there.

I look forward to meeting you! Thanks! Check out my links, there is also a map on the Saturnof Stuart website.

Reply to
marx404

Cool post. I have thought about working at Saturn too if for nothing else that to support the positive way I've been treated at my dealer. Maybe when I retire from my factory job I'll check into it, however it's a little early to be thinking of that now.

It's 95 in San Diego today - think that sounds more like Florida temps, eh?

Reply to
Jonnie Santos

Just wondering that the newsgroup server is that you use to get on SaturnSpot and Saturn Fans - IF it exists without using the forum on the website.

Yea, Jonnie it's a challenge to go into something new after doing one thing for so many years. For fun last night, I rented the old Kurt Russel movie "Used Cars". I looked at my wife and said "now I know how NOT to be!" lol. So, I thought how can I be "different"? And the answer is clear. Just be honest and be who I already am and show ppl how much I like Saturns and the rest will happen. :-)

Well, at least this job won't get outsourced to India like the last one..

J - Both SatunFans and SaturnSpot you must goto the forums via the website and must be a logged in member. Both real good sites with lots of information and cool ppl. Quite a few ppl from both actually hang here too.

marx404

Reply to
marx404

Best of luck on your new career Mark. I'm sure you will do well. I may do that next year when I move to Fl. MR

Reply to
MR

Huyndai's quality is catching up to Toyota/Honda. I'd consider selling that product since Saturn seems to be going down the drain, but I could be wrong.

Reply to
twinkie

Question:

Why do automobile salesmen run to the managers office and stay there for 5/10/15+ minutes everytime a potential purchaser makes a counter offer?

Is that to break the will of the potential customer?

Reply to
twinkie

Snip I don't think Saturn entertains offers and counter offers. They just have a selling price or at least the ones around here do. I tried to get them to throw in a set of floor mats when I bought mine, but no go. MR

Reply to
MR

Twinkie, to honestly answer your question:

From what I have learned in my new career so far, yes, you are right, it is a ploy of some dealerships to play the "waiting game" when haggling over prices.

I have yet to see this done where I work and believe that this is not the Saturn way of treating customers. For the most part, Saturn salesmen don't haggle. What I have experienced and seen is that it is the custoner who is so used to being hassled and having to haggle over what they want that they usually are the ones to inadvertantly (and sometime purposely) wheel and deal to get more out of thier purchase.

I have seeen 3 dealerships so far and each one seems to package thier cars differently on the lot. Some have mats or tinting already on and some don't. Best to pre-decide what you would prefer on your car before setting foot on a car lot, this helps you and helps the salesman to finding you that right car at the right price.

Saturn seems to have taken alot of flack with the "No hassle No haggle" guarantee and it seems to be mistaken for " that's the price take it or leave it". This is not the case. That gurantee really means IMHO that you wont get screwed over when buying a Saturn and that you wont have a big headache from trying to get the car that you want at the price you can afford.

As far as Hyundai, yes, I looked into them, they make nice cars, I love the XG. But didnt like the way that they do business or treat thier customers, you can go anywhere for that and I dont want to be that kind of person. I like Saturns and they are on the road to a great recovery and a whole new line of cars by 2006!

Just gimme a Red Line ION w/ polymer panels and I'll be one happy kid! :-)

marx404

marx404

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it.

Best of luck to you and your new endeavor.

Reply to
twinkie

Reply to
The Espaz

The Espaz = Dennis Hamilton "Nice try!"

You keep on accusing someone of something you are guilty of. Stick your own propaganda up your ass and stfu.

Reply to
Blah blah