Front seat repair ideas 94 SC2

Hi

Anyone have any idea what is the best course to follow here. Left front bucket seat edge totally worn out to the springs. Should I take it to a seat repair place (if I can find one), or are there new seats for a 94 that would be a better choice?

Fred

Reply to
Fred

I went to a scrap yard and bought replacement seats for $50. This was for my

Reply to
Shawn

Was going to suggest the same thing. The seatback in my 94 SL2 broke to the point I almost crashed as I was driving and the next thing I know I'm almost laying flat! LOL (You never realize how much you need a seatback until you have to try driving home the rest of the way without it! esp a stick shift!)

Anyyway, I went to the junkyard and walked around checking out other Saturns for a good seat. Unfortunatley I couldn't get one that matched my interior, so I had to get a set of seat covers. I wasn't too picky as the car had high mileage on it and was a back-and-forth to work car. If functionality is what you need, this is the way to go...

IYM

Reply to
IYM

Hi, Fred, Perhaps a junk yard would be a good place to start, at least to get a base cost for the seat itself?

Reply to
SteveT

Heck our local U-Pull-It sells seats for $10 each. your car is 15 years old - value is probably in the XXX range. Pull the seat - measure the mounting spacing - take the seat off the frame - measure the mounting spacing. with this info go to your local yard and find a replacement seat. You can probably get a matching pair for WAY less than a shop would cost to rebuild.

Reply to
Drooler

Run a search at

They have hundreds of seats for your car - leather, fabric, different colors, different condition, etc.

Reply to
Rubaiyat of Omar Bradley

Hi All

Thanks for the tips. I guess I will check out the local junk yards and also

for what's available! Fred

Reply to
Fred