Gas Cover

I have a 1999 Saturn SL that I recently purchases and did not come with an owner manual. My gas cover is stuck and I was wondering if anyone knew where the emergency release latch was. In my last car it was in the trunk but I can't seem to find this one.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Reply to
Bronx

your release lever for the gas is on the floor on the left side of the drivers seat. If that is broken, there is no "emergency release latch" that I know of.

marx404

Reply to
marx404

I understand what you are asking for. I haven't had the need for it, but I thought one day if I did, I would remove the panel (on the gas side) in the truck to get access to the cable. I thought, once exposed if I just gave the jacket a tug it would either open the door, or expose teh cable, for direct tugging.

Now if your door is just stuck, I would pull the release and have someone push on the hindge side. Ods are the spring isn't applying enough pressure to open the door. Once open adjust the spring, and clean the hindge and area.

hth,

tom @

The Real Tom