Glittering windsheidl

When driving into the sun, the windshield glisters. What can be done to have a clear windshield when driving into the sun?

Reply to
anonymous

I'm not 100% sure what you mean, but I would recommend cleaning your windshield. After you clean it, clean it again a few times. You can't get it too clean. I know when I think I have mine clean, I drive into a low sun and I see all the grime that still left. I find too that dirt helps frost neucleate on the windshield in winter. So you can't get the windshield too clean!!

Reply to
Box134

My wife had that problem. It was due to something her daughter put on to waterproof the windshield when driving in rain. It worked poorly but came off with dishwashing detergent.

Reply to
Nick Hull

Do you use a drive-in carwash with brushes? Windshield may be permanently damaged by brushes.

Reply to
Art

If you look really closely at the windshield does it have a bunch of little pock marks in it. I had a car that was owned by someone that travelled on a dirt road every day. The dirt and dust coming up from the cars in front of him marked up the windshield over time. When I bought the car I found that I could hardly see when driving into the sun but the rest of the time it didn't look bad at all. If this is the case then you may see if a glass place can fix it or you may need to replace the windshield. I solved my problem by getting a Saturn that didn't have a pocked windshield.

Reply to
Roy

Reply to
teem

I live in the desert, and within a year or so, the pitting from the blowing sands makes the windshield glitter from very small pits. It's very annoying, but I've learned to live with it. Otherwise it would require frequent windshield changes.

Reply to
werner339

The dealer applied the Teflon coating to the car. I've washed the car a few times, so anything that would come off, already is.

Reply to
anonymous

I've the the Exxon no touch car washes.

Reply to
anonymous

The whole windshield glitters, not just the wiper area.

Reply to
anonymous

The glitter is larger than sand and dust and doesn't correspond to impact. However, I've driven behind trucks spraying dust. I can hear it hit. I think this glitter comes from below the surface.

Reply to
anonymous