good source for new key fobs for '99 sl2

My wife's set of keys fob has died. It didn't help it got ran over some time ago. I would like to know 1. where a good source is and 2. how to you properly program it so it works with my factory security system.

Thanks to all in advance....or am I stuck with paying a dealer to something that they must do.

gk

Reply to
Gary Klein

I'd be curious as well for my '96 SL. My first one has finally worn out from use and I'm on my second-and-last-one now.

Reply to
Matt Drury

Your local Saturn dealer can replace the key fobs, and program them for the car.

Programming, at least on the newer cars, is done with a small computer that plugs into the car, and has to be done at the dealership.

I've never seen it done with an older Saturn, so I don't know if there's an easier way.

If your dealership is like mine, they may actually have some used fobs laying around that would work (after reprogramming), so ask a salesman / sales manager first.

Reply to
Markwalt