Got a new transmission... computer problem??

Wow... the amount of traffic on this group has dramatically decreased over the last year. Incredible... Anyway, I'll just hope I get a reply, I have no other avenues...

I had problems with my auto transmission on my 94 SC1. Took it to AAMCO, got a used tranny put in. Just took it out of the shop. I am having a huge problem with it... It shifts VERY hard from 1st to 2nd...with a bang. This couldn't be good for the transmission.

I haven't called the AAMCO people about it yet, but, before I left, he said the transmission seemed to be good on the road test, and that the car's computer would need to be "retrained" in the next couple of weeks, and for me to come back and get it checked (free) to see if it is all OK.

My question is: Is the hard shifting just part of the fact that this is a different transmission in another car? Will the comptuer eventually "learn", and stop the hard shifting? Or is this a defective transmission?

I'm praying it's not defective... if it is, I have to pay all the labour all over again...

He also said that on overdrive cars, it is best to just keep it in overdrive (Performance/PERF) mode all the time. Should I?

Please help...Thanks.

Reply to
Mark 2000

Shawn