Greetings and my SL1 vs SL2 dilemma

Hi all. I am new to this list and have a question.

I have a 1992 SL1 which has been a good car overall. It has about 180000km and is in good working order except for the head gasket which has been leaking for about 2 years. I had planned on replacing this car, so never have had this fixed. The leak is slow and is not burning oil. I add about a half litre to one litre of oil every oil change.

My MIL is replacing her 1992 SL2 with a new Vue. She has offered this car to me. She has taken good care of this car and reports no problems that she is aware of. I am unsure of the km's on her car, but I believe it is similar to my Saturn.

My dilemma: Do I get rid of my well running SL1 with a leaky head gasket and get the somewhat unknown SL2?

Opinions?

Thanks for your time.

Reply to
Frank

If it is free, take it; nothing to decide. If at a good price get it and check it out and resell or sell yours if not needed. MR

Reply to
MR