hail damage

My wife's 1999 SC1 suffered some hail damage a few days ago, resulting in some dents and a few areas where the paint chipped off. Our insurance adjuster says that there is no way that hail could have caused the paint to chip.

Does anyone know how I can back-up our claim? There were no chips in the paint on the roof, hood and trunk before the hail and were there after it, so if the hail didn't cause them I don't know what did.

Any ideas?

Jeff

Reply to
Jocko

I have no idea. Check with a local meteorologist and see if you can find out how large the hail was. Hail large enough to damage a car is possible, though rare. Check out this recent weather report:

I think paint scratching would be possible, but paint chipping seems unlikely with modern paint. Dents are possible with hail, but how to prove it is the question. Ask the insurance adjuster if you can dump a bag of marbles onto the hood of his car as a test?

Reply to
Darin Johnson

I suggest you go to the following link and pose your question:

When it is aquestion on paint these people know the nitty gritty and deal withinsurance adjusters on a daily basis. Good luck AC4XE

Reply to
Jon Waring

Call the state Department of Insurance (DOI) in your state and tell them that your insurance company is trying to refute what kind of dents and paint chips you have from the hail storm. Try to file a complaint with them. Then, tell you insurance adjuster that that you talked to the DOI. I had to do this in Illinois and my insurance company suddenly became less argumentative, and settled quickly. Other than that, don't worry, a body shop should know if the chips were caused by something other than hail.

Reply to
Carey Badner

Actually he said the adjuster was just arguing the dents with the paint flaking off werent related

Hail damage is always covered under comprehensive .

Reply to
Blue87T