Haynes ION manual

I just got the newly released Haynes ION manual. Took along time for them to publish an ION book and definately not worth the wait. Not as comprehensive as previous Haynes manuals, especially when it comes to tranny , only 3 pages and not much info. on the tranny and just a paragraph or two on manual trannys at that. Very thin book.

Anyone have the Chilton version and is it more in detail? (last time I buy a plastic wrapped book) TIA

Reply to
marx404

Does it explain why Ion heaters''blow''?.Takes 10 minutes to heat up!.

Reply to
teem

Havent had any heater problems with my ION. How 'bout that Chilton manual? is it better than Haynes?

Reply to
marx404

BTW - took a good look at this new Haynes manual for the ION, absolute rubbish and a total waste of money, full of mis-information, obviously put together in a hurry with lots of copy and paste from other manuals.

Example of mis-information, coolant change intervals and other service related intervals. Anyone knows the ION coolant has a 150K life, Haynes stupidly copy and pasted the old standard of 30K. Much information is incorrect in this book, not to be relied on.

Reply to
marx404