Headlights Auto On

Is there a hazard with the headlights coming on as soon as the keys turned?,I worry in this colder than cold weather,is a big zap on the battery.thanks.

Reply to
Teem

They don't come on until the engine starts, and once the engine is started the alternator will be charging, so it's not going to affect the battery..

Reply to
Robert Hancock

I wouldn't worry about it - the starter draws way way way more current than the headlights will ever pull.

Reply to
David & Caroline

Do you mean the running lights? If so, the parking brake keeps them off, until you release it.

Reply to
Skid

The auto-on headlights on my L200 also do not come on until I release the parking brake. IOW, no DRLs or auto-on headlights until the brake is released. Now, if you're one of those people who doesn't use the parking brake, it's a different story.

Reply to
Bryan

Reply to
Teem