heater blowing only cold air in my 94 saturn sl2

already checked & it wasn't the thermostat/blocked flap/bad hose. guys at the shop said the core has a small leak/heater valve isn't opening/closing. my friend/auto expert says he can fix it. he mentions just find out where the heater valve is located. don't worry about fixing the core. so....do i need to fix the core? where is the heater valve located? what are the prices? who's right here?

thanks folks

Reply to
iamdavesandiego

Question: In what position is the temperature gauge needle?

You might want to see my post of a few days ago titled "1995 SW1 Heater problem solved" The problem I was having was that the engine was not getting hot enough due to a bad thermostat housing. The housing has a small weep hole with a check valve. In mine the check valve was broken, allowing water to always flow.

I know in my 95 there is no heater valve. The heater core is always getting hot water, the temperature of the heat is done by adding cold air from outside.

-David

opening/closing. my friend/auto expert says he can fix it. he mentions just find out where the heater valve is located. don't worry about fixing the core.

Reply to
David Teichholtz

To the best of my recollection, Saturn does not use heater control valves. Full heat goes to the heater core at all times.

Stan

opening/closing. my friend/auto expert says he can fix it. he mentions just find out where the heater valve is located. don't worry about fixing the core.

{Delete nospam for email}

Reply to
ssody