Help Light problems still persists

I have tried everything I have cleaned out all the light sockets and replaced all the balbs. I even replaced the brake switch. Still everytime I hit the brake My dash lights and parking lights come on. I can't think of anything else to do anymore suggestions would be great thanks in advance

Reply to
punxyguy

I don't think this has much to do with dirty connections or bad brake switch. You most likely have a short somewhere. I would look into the underhood fuse box. My parents' Saturn had a similar problem and we tracked it down to this block. Replaced it and all was fine after that.

Reply to
navaidstech

Sorry...had a brain fart there. I couldn't remember the name of the box in question. It's called Underhood Junction Box. It has a bunch of fuses on top but below the fuses there is a network of interconnecting bare wires. In my parents' car, the moisture got into that box causing corrosion, shorts, etc. This caused the horn and the wipers to come on by themselves.

As I mentioned in my previous message, we replaced the box (got one at a scrap yard) and all was fine after that.

Reply to
navaidstech

I have a similar problem with theses parts. My dash lignt, day light, and interior light are blinking and the electric lock door don't work properly. When my car is on Park and press the brake, I hear a "TRRRRRRRRRR" near the shift lever and a black relay (no12077866) in the underhood fuse block make the same noise. I guess that the relay is the problem. So, I ordered a new relay for 35$ (can.) and will receive it tomorrow. If it solve the problem I will let you know.

Stephane Bourque

"punxyguy" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com...

Reply to
SBO

I tried with the new relay but it didn't solve the problem. Sorry...

S.B.

"SBO" a écrit dans le message de news: VO6jf.5565$ snipped-for-privacy@news20.bellglobal.com...

Reply to
SBO

There is now a recall for some Saturn's cars. A mechanic told me that it can solve this kind of problem.

Ask to your retailer...

"punxyguy" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com...

Reply to
GA