help please!!!

I have an 02 SC2 and I just changed the spark plugs at 40,000 km. When I changed them I noticed that all four of the spark plugs were covered in oil. The color of the spark plugs varied from having clean oil on them to rust/corrosion on the them to black oil on them

The car does not seem to have as much power as it used too even after I changed the plugs, or maybe it's just me being too picky. Is this a cause for concern? Should there be oil on spark plugs? I also noticed too, that I often smell a slight scent of oil burning when I turn off the car after driving (this happens now and before I changed the spark plugs). Someone help!!!!

Reply to
Sakic

This is not a live forum, so please post only once and be patient for a response.

From what you describe, you have a valve cover gasket leak and hopefully not worse, no there should not be any oil on your plugs at all. Oil on plugs and burned oil on plugs means that you have a leak (or crack) and the oil has gotten onto the plugs and has been burning on them for some time now.

I highly suggest taking your SC to a qualified mechanic as soon as you can to prevent any further damage. It may be only the gasket, but you dont want it to get worse.

marx404

Reply to
marx404

thanks..im bringing it in to the dealership next week....i still have warranty left until July 06

Reply to
Sakic

Update..

I brought my Saturn into the local dealership and they said I needed a new top pan gasket. They have to order it in for me. Is it normal for my car(02 sc2) or any car to have a top pan gasket go after only 40,0000 km of driving? Is this considered a major problem or a problem that may be a sign of more bad things to come???? My experience with my Saturn has been that many "odd" things need to be repaired such as 3rd set of door check straps, sunroof leaked because of detached drainage hose, power windows are jumpy, and the road noise and lack of comfortable ride is driving me crazy. I previously had a used 92 sc1 and the alot of the same things are going wrong. I might be jumping ship next summer and getting myself a civic....my previous 87 REX was fun to drive,fast, and dependable.

Reply to
Sakic