Horn problem on Saturn SL1'96

So I've been struggling trying to fix my horn for the past couple of weeks on my Saturn SL1 '96. The old horn finally died so I unplugged the wiring from the old horn. Also, I cut the wiring to remove the special connector plug because I was planning to install a non Saturn OEM horn. I went to Autozone and bought a similar FIAM horn (without the built in relay) and a Bosch 30Amp 12VDC relay switch separately. I connected the red wire (+) to the Bosch relay "30", the ground black wire to the switch "86", and the black wire (-) to one of the two connectors on the horn. Then I had a separate wire which connected the relay switch "87" to the second contact on the horn. Supposedly this should work but not. So I'm finally stuck and ready to go to a Saturn dealership and pay them $$$ to have this stupid horn problem fixed. I'm thinking it's the black ground wire that's not working (switch). I tested the positive and negative and does sound the horn. Does anyone know where the power is coming from black ground wire? I don't have a multimeter nor do I have the latest wiring schematic for SL1'96. My Haynes manual is for '95 and it doesn't show the black ground wire. Anyways, if anyone has a clue how I can go about resolving this, that'll be great. I still have a 30 days left on my 2nd car inspection...the first one failed cuz the horn wasn't work. :(

-Adam

Reply to
Adam Yen