How do you program a 2004 Saturn VUE keyless remote?

I bought one from an aftermarket dealer, but no instructions came with it. Nor are there any instructions in my manual. Saturn wants $49 to program the remote which takes them 1 minute to do. Anybody know how to do it? The old GM method of turning on and off the ignition twice while the lock open switched is pressed does not put the car into program mode, though I'm sure the part of programming the remote keyless by holding down the lock and unlock buttons works the same since it is a typical GM remote. I'll quit using the keyless before I'll pay Saturn what amounts to $3000 an hour for programming my remote.

Reply to
waterwizard

According to my Shop Manual. there is no way for Customer to add Key FOBs to a Vue. It requires a dealer scan tool. I do see auctions on EBAY where the seller claims to include instruction for a Vue. I suspect they only think they have working instructions.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White