how many hours before my rear stabizer links seize up ?

How many hours of operation can I get out of my Saturn before my rear stabilizer links ($100 ea) seize up and need to be replaced?

(A) 10 (B) 50 (C) 100

answer: any of the above

Reply to
misterfact

$100 each is nuts. If you got them for that price, find a different dealer.

On my '94, it took about 8 years and 100k miles(with WI winters and road salt also). On my '92, they were good until I changed them at 140k.

Lane [ l a n e @ p a i r . c o m ]

Reply to
Lane

I've got almost 200 K on mine. (95 SW2)

D V Brownell

And to think I was told about being to rude to this guy....

Reply to
Blue87T

Why would you want to be rude to a guy who is really asking an honest sincere question? Are you really standing behind Saturn's rear stabilizer links as some kind of quality part? If so- you don't know anything about that part, my friend!

Reply to
misterfact

Okay, let's be honest here...

I am one sarcastic guy (at times) and know when I see or hear it. The above statement is not a question and in reality is a sarcastic bash. That's fine, just don't expect me to respond as if it's a legitimate question.

In my opinion it's always hard to determine from the relatively few comments in an auto enthusiast newsgroup which complaints or experiences a user(s) experiences are part of an overall and larger problem. A NG does not reflect the entire Saturn user base. I've had more alternator/battery issues on my 97SL2 than expected, needed or wanted - and there are people here who have had none with the same model and year Saturn as I drive. Go figure. I've not had any rear link probs either with almost 90k miles and over 7 years. FYI - Blue is an ex Saturn tech and has been very helpful over the years. He clued me into how extended warranties worked and saved me money. I always think of him as a positive voice here in the NG.

Reply to
Jonnie Santos

Wait, I am hooked like a nice trout.....I aint be no genius but I hardly think anyone took your 3 posts as " honest questions".

Actually I would have to say I honestly never changed one in the 4-5 yrs I worked there. Must a be a new development. Saturn must have time that part to fail at a different interval than I was around for. They must have been focusing their attention on intentionally causing oil consumption and alternator failures. Its tough for a large company to split up its time in the " how to defraud the consumer" deaprtment .

Your probrably correct.... you have found me out .... I am sure I have lost all credibility in this forum .... I concede whatever position I had to you and your obviously vast experience.

Reply to
Blue87T

You make me blush :)

If only I lived closer I could have used the side work to make some money from you :).

By the way I know you were into my Regal before and I have a link up from another forum with a pic if you wanted to see :

Dont pay any attention to the $1k in tools next the car .. I dont work on cars .. they are just for decoration ;)

Reply to
Blue87T

Hey, it really is a Blue 87 turbo, eh? (grin) Motor done? Have you looked at

for '87's lately? The turbo, Grand National and something called a GNX (heavy bucks) are all sliding up in value.

I'll have to remember using tools for decorating the garage - a very industrial look I might add!

Take it easy and good to see you in print.

Reply to
Jonnie Santos

Motor is now a generic rebuild , it has a 5 yr warranty though so it doesnt matter to me if it blows up.

Reply to
Blue87T

Yea, they seem to be doing pretty good. I thought about getting rid of mine for a newer Firebird/Camaro with an LS1 and some nitrous but that would just cause me to throw more money away. The GNX is a limited edition Grand National . They made 547 of them. Nice cars and were pretty high $ even when the came out .

Reply to
Blue87T