I need to disarm the airbag system on a 2002 SL2

Can anyone tell me how this is done?

Reply to
Tony & Denise Akers

And you want to do that because.....

Reply to
Ritz

Reply to
Tony & Denise Akers

Ok, since this seems to be important to some people, I need to replace a fender and a bumper cover. I don't think the bags will deploy, But it seems like turning them off would be the safest route to take.

Reply to
Tony & Denise Akers

Its somewhat involved. I can post the steps but you wont get to see the pictures here. (one step invovles removing the top of the dash) Watch for yellow wrapped wires and modules/sensors. Avoid those and you should be just fine.

Reply to
BläBlä

Disconnect the battery and give the SRS system 20-30 minutes to de-engergize. (in theory) CYA statement: I'm not recommending that you do this, but it should work.