I want to break my saturn

My parents are away and they've left their 2004 Saturn L300 in the driveway to await their return. Unfortunately, my older (but not very car-caring) brother found the keys. He has his own, but while the Saturn's there, why drive it? So, I'd like to "break" the Saturn when he's not looking. Is there an "Engine" fuse in the fuse box? Does anyone know what it would do if I removed it, or any other good indiscrete ways (and easily reversible) to make it not start anymore? A reply asap would be appreciated. Email me at fowdawgg at no spam dot gmail dot com. Or reply to the newsgroup. Thanks! Spencer

Reply to
Fowie

Goofball.

Reply to
Box134

Are you his older brother ?

Reply to
Laz

Thanks for the sincere reply. Point being. I AM doing this for my older brother (the one in charge of my parent's estate, who can't get the keys back from the one that won't stop driving the car), and he won't give the keys back even after his parents have asked him to. I would like to somehow stop him from driving and ruining his parents' car before it's too late. Don't assume, Box134. I'm doing this to help my parents. My brother has his own car to drive, but his doesn't have A/C. I didn't ask for you opinion on my actions, I asked for information about a car.

Reply to
Fowie

Have an owners manual?

Open "Engine Compartment Fuse Block"

Fuses and relays should be labeled

Pull one of the following depending on engine type "IGN" Ignition Coils (3.0L V6 (L81)) "INJ" Fuel Injectors (2.2L L4 (L61))

If I'm not missing something here that should prevent it from starting. Never had to disable a vehicle before besides disconnecting the battery...

Reply to
blah blah

I don't care about your family problems. See a counselor. You really expect responsible adults to help you sabotage a car? No wonder you're screwed up.

Reply to
Box134
134 just doesn't get it does he? The guy had a legitimate question for a rational reason. Answer or pass on by.

Reply to
Chris

Child, You wanna break a Saturn? That's easy...drive it.

Reply to
news

Preventing unauthorized operation of a car is of interest to all car owners. Of course in most cases we refer to it as theft. Does this family situation rise to that level?

Is the car that seriously at risk? It's probably good that the car be kept active rather than sit and rust while the battery slowly goes dead. Maybe the worst possibility is that the car will be returned with a few extra miles on it. Will the insurance cover him while he's driving it? Or will his insurance cover it? Is the guy an irresponsible slacker who leaves wreckage in is wake or are you just worried that he'll get mud on the carpets?

How much do you want to spend to protect the car?

If the car has keyless remote security and you have the other remote, you could reprogram the car to respond only to the one remote you have and then his wouldn't work anymore. That would inconvenience him for a little while. That's fairly cheap and easy.

And you could put an auxiliary lock on the car, like The Club.

Or lock the car in a garage where he doesn't have access or can't find it.

You could have all the lock cylinders rekeyed. That would cost a bit to have that done. I might consider that if my keys had been lost or stolen, but I wouldn't bother if one of my family members had them.

Bob Henry

Reply to
RK Henry

I would pull the fuel pump fuse and be done with it.

Reply to
James1549