Ignition Lock

The ignition cyliner has locked on a 2000 Saturn Wagon. I have read this is a common problem. Does anyone know how to replace the lock cylinder. Thanks, Paul.

Reply to
Paul

My '92 locked up a few years ago. I had to have it towed home. My Chilton manual walked me through it step by step. I bought a new cylinder at Saturn that was keyed to match what I had.

If I remember correctly, there are 3 screws that need to be drilled out to remove the cylinder. I also had to buy some sort of small housing they recommended. Not a bad job to do, and not expensive for parts, just a pain. Once you get it repaired, be sure to spray some lubricant in the cylinder once in a while to prevent this from happening again.

Good luck, James

Reply to
James1549