ignition module

my car sputters and stalls and all that crap at every stop sign, its a 96 saturn sc2, ive changed everything on the motor except the ignition module and coil packs, i was told it was them causing the problem, but one problem, i found a set on ebay look exactly the same as mine but it says will fit models sc2 91-95, does anyone know if it would fit my 96. please e-mail me at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com so i can get the response before the auction ends, thanks everyone!! the ignition module part# is 21021523

Reply to
ronnie via CarKB.com

The module for your vehicle is 21022444. From ACDelco the 1995 uses D1950E and the 1996+ uses D1951E. The coil packs are interchangable though.

Replacing all these parts without diagnosing the problem is going to start getting expensive.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

Most likely a dirty throttle body and AIS. Make sure you also clean the coil packs well since they get highly corroded and can short, although this is usually at higher speed and not at idle.

Good luck.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman