Insurance Claim?

Anyone know how long it might take to settle an Insurance claim when it is not your Insurance Company? If the claim in under $1000 do you think they would settle it sooner, rather then later? Thanks!

Reply to
WGRG3

Not being an insurance agent, I would say it depends on the insurance company they have, the impact site of the claim, the driving record of the drivers, the time and day of the accident, the road conditions, the story as told to the accident report, the police report of the accident, the city or state the accident occurred (No fault states). All of which can be accessed via your own insurance company and agent other than multiple guesses from posters at this news group.

Elector

Reply to
Elector

It will depend on alot of factors other than $$$. Why dont you list what happend, which state and if you are talking about settling injury/damage to the car ?

Reply to
Blue87T

Reply to
J Haggerty

But what if the Insured's story does not even match the other persons story? I am saying the driver hit my back Bumper so hard as to force me into the next lane, and now the driver is saying they barely taped me!! How I did not get hit in the front when, I was forced in the next lane is pure Luck! I do not really think this truck should have been in the far left lane in the first place, and driving fast on a congested freeway is never a good idea! So who's story is the Insurance Company going to believe? There was no Police report because it seemed like a minor accident at the time. It only became a major thing when the driver refused to pay up for the Damage they caused. All I really want is my 5 month old Saturn fixed, back to the way it was, before this person hit me!! Thanks!!

Reply to
WGRG3

persons

Company

I am not a lawyer or Insurance agent, but in most if not all "Insurance policies" a rear end hit is a chargeable accident to the person who was the hitter and not the other vehicle.

File a police report and also file an accident report with the DMV ASAP.

have your insurance pay for the damages and then have them go after the other guy. If you tell the other insurance company that it will look real stupid in a court room when they ask how you got rear ended, what were you doing driving backwards? Etc. It may seem funny but it has happened.

In New York a driver must have control of their vehicle at all times. A rear collision under the no fault laws is on the guy that did the hit. its that simple. Unless there is a question on the validity of the accident in which case there may be fraud involved.

Elector

Reply to
Elector

Reply to
J Haggerty

Or, as I suggested earlier, talk with an attorney.

But, no, that was ignored.

Reply to
Kirk Kohnen

Why bring in an attorney? Report it, let the insurance pay, and then if the payment is not correct, then you can consider an attorney. Why would anyone want to give away 25-35% of the insurance company payment to the attorney before giving the insurance company a chance when they don't have to? It's not like the insurance company is dragging their feet, as far as I can tell from the posts it hasn't even been reported yet. And it has to be reported before the insurance company will even discuss it with an attorney.

JPH

Kirk Kohnen wrote:

Reply to
J Haggerty