Intercooler type/style and placement on an ION.

For those of you out there who've taken on the task of turbocharging your ION, I have a question.

What type of intercooler design did you use and where did you mount it?

I would like a horizontal mounted intercooler across the front opening, but fear cutting off the air flow to the radiator too much and causing the engine to run hotter.

I'm afraid a side mount wouldn't be as efficient or effective, plus a front mount just looks better (especially with a screen print Saturn emblem across it.)

Any answers or experience with subject is welcome.

Reply to
hoosier_drifter