Ion Message Center

Had a "moment" tues.,leaving work,was driving,then the 'SERVICE VEHICLE" starts to flash!!.I'm like"No way!",just had the bushing replaced last week.So,I drive home-20 miles-car runs ok,stopped to get groceries,started Ion again & it ran normal,message center had all the regular stuff on it,this doesn't make sense.

Reply to
sturg57

The PCM (computer) cannot read suspension (ie bushings) problems, only engine problems. Seems your problem is intermittent or may be a warning of future problem, but to be on the safe side, best to take it in and have the computer code professionally read so a mechanic can tell what is going on and why the light came on.

marx404

Reply to
marx404

You do not provide any basic information like year, engine, mileage, last tuned date, any other preventative maintenance done and when. These could help to narrow the problem. That said, it sounds like something is failing or not operating as designed since the engine computer has sensed an error condition. Given you did not notice any drivability problems, I'd suspect something simple, like maybe a clogged EGR valve, or possibly worn out spark plugs or ignition wires.

Good luck in identifying the problem. If the check engine light comes and stays on, then you can query the computer to get the error code and hopefully identify why it was illuminated.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman

Reply to