ION steering problems ?

Hi, I've read many reviews of the Ion and always read negative comments about the "power assisted steering". Is it bad? Are there problems with it? Has it been improved from the '03 models to the '04 models. I am interested in the Quad Coupe, but these steering issues concern me. Thanks in advance for your comments. Don

Reply to
dizzo

It took a bit of getting used to on my '03, but I think it's great now. Probably the main thing that took getting used to was the off-center assist at highway speeds, you have to be gentle with it to keep from overcorrecting. Apparently this is something they have improved for '04.

As far as problems i.e. failures, I've heard a couple people mention problems on some web forums, but it seems to be fairly trouble-free overall.

Reply to
Robert Hancock

Both my wife and I have 2003 Saturn ION 3s. She has the sedan, I've the quad coupe.

Is the power steering bad? No. Works just fine. No problems.

It did feel a bit weird in the center region of the wheel at first. I stopped noticing the strangeness after about 2 days.

It feels very light in that region.

My suggestion would be to try driving the car and see if you like the way it feels.

Reply to
Kirk Kohnen