It's September

do you know where your 06 Saturn prices are?

Saturn.com still has 05 info even though 06 models have been at the dealers for months.

ron

Reply to
Ron Herfurth

... And I'm wondering when the promised recall on L series tail lights is going to begin? I already got one ticket for a tail light out and lost several hours in the legal system.

I called the 800-972-8876 number at Saturn's home office. The recorded announcement (I think that it referred to recall 0502?) said to call your local dealer for further information. I called the service desk at Saturn of White Plains and they told me that there is no official recall at this moment. When pressured for more information, the person said that "we don't know what to do." I couldn't resist and replied, "As opposed to when else?" =============================== Saturn Recalling Nearly 300,000 L-Series Cars June 4, 2005 General Motors announced yesterday that the company is recalling

291,652 Saturn L-Series sedans and wagons in the United States because of defective tail lights. The recall, which is scheduled to begin in September, affects certain 2000-2002 sedans and 2000-2004 wagons.

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's website says that "on certain sedans and wagons, the plastic housing in the rear tail lamp assembly can become distorted if the brake lamps remain on for an extended time. This can cause an intermittently inoperative brake/tail lamp bulb or a short circuit that opens a fuse causing inoperative brake lamps (including the center high-mounted stop lamp) or tail lamps. A following driver may not know when the brakes have been applied, and a rear-end crash could occur without prior warning. Dealers will install a reinforcing socket adapter (and corresponding new socket) to the back of the existing lamp assembly. If necessary, the reinforcing socket adapter will be installed into a new lamp assembly and then installed in the vehicle."

If you have any questions, please contact Saturn at 1-800-972-8876. Owners can also call the NHTSA's auto safety hotline at 1-888-327-4236.

======================================

Reply to
Oppie

Sorry to hear about that Oppie, IMHO, that is unacceptable from any dealer. (an nex' time, please dont hijack someones post, start a new one, k?) I would immediately call Saturn Customer Service and calmly explain your dilemma in detail to someone. Tell them you are getting fined because of this and that you want them to contact your Saturn dealership to give you an answer or you will declare your car via the lemon law.

Also, just fyi, correct, many Saturn dealerships have not notified L car owners of the taillight issue until it becomes a problem. In contrast, our shop has been notifying customers and has addressed those affected by eplacing bad warranteed taillight assemblies. I hope your dealership quickly resolves your problem.

Ron, to answer your question, true Saturn.com hasn't updated thier website. It is killing us at our dealerships, because it still shows '0 prices and also shows discontinued models, ie: ION.1 is no longer made, only level 2 &

  1. L-series is discontinued as of '05 models.

Saturn has announced that they have actually lowered prices on '06 models. That plus new changes on all models make it very attractive to people who want a more upscale Saturn. The '06 VUE and Red Lines (ION & VUE) have gone thru some radical changes, very nice! IONs and VUEs now have digital radios with an input jack for iPod/MP3 players.

If you havent seen them, you can see the 2006 models at

marx404

Reply to
marx404