L200 Washers

Anyone else have trouble with the washers not working in this cold weather in the northeast? I'm wondering if they ever thaw out, or do they require special fluid?

Reply to
rjljunk

My LW300 hasn't frozen yet with plain old undiluted washer fluid. Temps have been ranging between 0 - 20 below for the last few weeks.

Dana C. Rohleder Port Kent, NY

Reply to
Dana Rohleder

Been using the blue fluid that comes in gallon bottles. No problems at all freezing. My only problem is ice on the hood sometimes covers over the sprayers. Rear sprayer has some schmutz in the nozzle and needs cleaning but otherwise is ok.

Now, my old Voyager, that had a problem with the wiper mounted sprayers that were in a region of high pressure. Ice melt got forced back into the hoses and froze solid, forcing the removal of the hose and sprayer to get thawed out. The sprayers did give much better coverage than the fixed stream prayers on the Saturn.

Oppie

20 miles north of NY city. 14F this morning
Reply to
Oppie

Some of the blue stuff is ok but others I find sucks bad. A buddy of mine had his reservoir freeze solid with the blue stuff in it, on the way to go skiing one day. I find the blue stuff does freeze on the windshield quite often though when it gets real cold.

Where exactly is 20 miles north of the city? I'm not that far from you.....

Reply to
BANDIT2941

Double check the temp rating on the "blue stuff".

We once bought a bottle that said goes to 20 degrees, not -20 degrees that we are used to buying.

Reply to
Cliff Hartle

Digression ...I saw an electric washer fluid warmer at JC Whitney (not that I would ever need it), however if the tank wasn't heated I'm guessing the pump would never get any fluid. Maybe not such a cool (or warm) idea after all...

Reply to
Jonnie Santos

Live in White Plains and Work in Hawthorne, NY

Oppie

Reply to
Oppie

Ahhhh......I'm about 40 minutes Northwest of Newburgh(over the mtn). Just North of Ellenville if you know where that is.....

Reply to
BANDIT2941

Yeah, the blue stuff definitly comes in different ratings.

It was funny, when my buddy's blue stuff was frozen solid in the reservoir, he had some orange stuff with him, dumped it in on top of it and it immediatly unfroze it......pretty neat.

Reply to
BANDIT2941

Yeah.

Hey Jonnie, what DOES frozen precipitation look like? Ever seen it?

Reply to
Kirk Kohnen

Only on TV when we watch the mandatory White Christmas movie at Christmas!!! (grin)

Reply to
Jonnie Santos

| >Live in White Plains and Work in Hawthorne, NY | | Ahhhh......I'm about 40 minutes Northwest of Newburgh(over the mtn). Just North | of Ellenville if you know where that is..... _________________

Got a pretty good idea. We used to spend a fair amount of time in the Liberty - Ellenville area. Also had an Aunt near Oneonta.

Talk to you later, neighbor. Oppie

Reply to
Oppie

sprayers. Rear

otherwise is

I've even had the Turtle Wax Liquid Fire freezing on my windshield. It has been sub-zero some days for the last couple of weeks.

Ken Olson Clarksville MI

59 mile marker on I-96, about 1/3 of the way from Grand Rapids towards Lansing.
Reply to
Napalm Heart