L300 problems

Hello

First of all sorry about the long explanation.

I have a 2002 L300 with about 70,000 miles everything worked fine until last week that I got the following problems. The car still seams to work fine (engine wise)

First the Service (with a small wrench) light came on, took it to my mechanic and he could not find any problems, he reseted the computer. Drove the car over the weekend with no problems, on Monday on the way to home from work (50 mile round trip commute) The service plus the service engine and the antilock brake light came on, took it to the mechanic immediately and with out turning the car off I showed to him, he connected it to his computer and still no error codes, he checked for the Saturn codes and for the "general codes". Reset computer again and went home, next day again on the way home from work the same lights came on again but this time I noticed that my speedometer will drop to 0 miles and go back to the 40 or

50 MPH that I was driving. I also noticed that my fuel needle goes back to empty when my antilock break light comes on, (not sure if at this time the speedometer needle goes to 0)

Any ideas anybody, the last one really has me thinking about what relation does the breaks have with the fuel gauge. Bought the car new, really happy with it, do not really want to take it back to the dealer.

TIA Jose

Reply to
Jose Ponce

I have not had as good of luck with my Saturn as you have had with yours. (I have a 2001 L300 with just over 56,000 miles on it.)

I just went through this problem It was the BCM (?Body Control Module?). It was an intermittent problem that they had a hard time diagnosing, usually flaring up when it's hot outside. If it's not currently "acting up" the computer will test as normal (I took mine to the dealership and they tested it and it was "fine"). Mine got so bad that as it was idling in the mechanic's parking lot, it started racking up miles on the odometer, the tach would drop to zero, the gauges would flicker on and off, all the indicator lights would take turns flashing on and off, the security system would flicker (locking the doors!), you name it, it was going on. I ended up taking it to a non-Saturn garage, and the mechanic was able to order the BCM for about $300, but he had to tow it to a Saturn dealership for them to program ("burn") the computer, adding another $120 to my bill. In all, it cost me about $525 to actually get it fixed (not including the $650 that I spent on two other visits to try and get it fixed). (The Saturn dealership originally told me it would cost between five and six hundred dollars to replace the computer.)

By the way, don't leave your car running with your keys in it, because it may lock you out! Mine did.

Other problems that I've had: fan motor burn-out; leaky radiator; fried main cabin computer (which they said wouldn't leave me stranded--but did).

I hope I've been of help, and Good Luck!

Jose P> Hello

Reply to
Karen

Best to tackle random electrical issues when you know the battery is good. Swap it with another car. Btw you dont have field mice do you?

Reply to
BläBlä