lap seatbelt warning light question

I replaced a burn out bulb in the dash today for this 93 wagon lap seatbelt warning light and it only seems to work with the drivers lap seatbelt. Should other lap seatbelts such as the passenger's also trigger the warning light? Or the back seat lap seatbelts? Just curious as I had a passenger intentionally temporarily disengage that lap seatbelt, when under way, and the dash warning light did not come on, or flash, as the driver side does. Thanks for any info.

Reply to
user

Roy

Reply to
user

"Roy" typed until their fingers bled, and came up with:

yes, they do.

Reply to
Kevin M. Keller

Reply to
user

"Roy" typed until their fingers bled, and came up with:

correct. some newer cars have pressure bladders in them to determine if someone is seated in the passenger seat, and how heavy they are.

none of the S series Saturns had these.

Reply to
Kevin M. Keller