leaking coolant

My 1996 sl2 is leaking coolant. Checked hose connections from inside the hood and everything is tight. Crawled under the hood on left side and found coolant fluid puddle under bottom of the front right side of engine. Can't see where leak is coming from because of pulleys are blocking my view. Removed tire cover on that side and still can't locate the leak source. No overheating light has come on, but the low coolant lite does. Fan works when it suppose to. Is this a hose or is it my water pump?

Reply to
cookiegetter

Water pump.

Reply to
Kirk Kohnen

Just to elaborate on Kirk's post, sometimes the water pump bolts will loosen, particularly on the bottom of the pump. It happened on my SC2. The pump was fine--there was no leakage from around the shaft, even with 107,000 miles on it. But I replaced the pump anyway, because just tightening the pump bolts probably wouldn't have stopped the leak once the gasket seal was broken, and I figured if I had to take the old pump out, might as well replace it.

Dave

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Reply to
Dave