Looking for Saturn Sunroof Parts - Western Canada

The sunroof on our 2001 Saturn SL2 has failed. We were advised by the service department at our Saturn dealership that the entire sunroof needs to be replaced at a cost of $2100.00. We also had an issue last year with the drain by the sunroof being dislodged and causing leaking in the car. Fortunately they knew exactly what the problem was and quickly fixed it. We believe the failed part on the sunroof is the PLASTIC guide in the track. We have used the sunroof under 100 times. Fortunately we did not purchase this option on our second Saturn. I am looking for a supplier in Western Canada that would be able to supply us with parts. Having an inoperatable feature such as a sunroof would greatly devalue the car, however purchasing an entire new sunroof seems ridiculous and is not an option.

Reply to
davisgroup

In article , snipped-for-privacy@shaw.ca wrote: [snip]

Checked any local junkyards?

Dunno about Canada... but here in the US, most junkyards subscribe to a nationwide parts locator service, and if your friendly neighborhood junkyard doesn't have what you want, they can usually get it in a few days.

If you don't know where the nearest junkyard is, look in the Yellow Pages under "Automobile Parts & Supplies -- Used".

Reply to
Doug Miller

Didnt I just f**king post something about this?

Reply to
HyperCube33