Lots of smoke from exhaust

My sister-in law has a '95 sw2. Just recently she is getting a lot of smoke coming from the exhaust. My dad checked the plugs, he said that they looked fine.

This burns oil just like most Saturns of that year. It's done that for years and this is a new development. What are some things we could check?

Thanks, Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Is the smoke whitish or blackish? Whitish smoke would indicate water in the exhaust and possibly a head gasket leak. Blackish smoke would indicate oil burning and one possibility is piston ring blow-by. A pressure check of the coolant system would be the first step for white smoke, and a piston compression test for black. Good luck.

Reply to
Keith

blueish smoke would be OIL problem but blackish smoke is engine is running too rich. You would need tp check all things that woul make yur engine burn rich such as temperature sensors etc.

Reply to
p_vouers

It cold also mean catylic converter has fialed as it helps mask and consume smoke for oil usage when it works.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

In article , snipped-for-privacy@snoman.com says in an attempt to ignore the past...

Why don't you admit you were wrong in the '4T65E' thread before you continue posting more bad information?

LIST UPDATED!!!

(Confuses 4T65e with a 4L65e and won't admit it.) SBJ: Dumb brake question
(Discribes wrong brakes and won't admit it.) SBJ: Front wheel bearings-2000 Blazer??
(Claims torque specs are wrong when they are not.) SBJ: Snoball Defense System v1.01
(Snoball breaks these out when he knows he's wrong but won't admit it.)-----------------------------------

Reply to
Heatwave