LS100 Security system

My security light comes on intermittently and sometimes the little wrench appears too. The other day, out of the blue, the car wouldn't start. After trying to restart the car a couple of times and then waiting for about 10 minutes, the car started. I'm suspecting that the security system has problems. Is anyone familiar with this? and if so, can it be repaired without going to the dealer? like maybe a fuse or a sensor? or is reprogramming necessary?

Reply to
autotechgirl

FYI---The problem is the ignition lock sensor. The ignition lock has to be replaced & re-coded.

Reply to
autotechgirl