LW 2004 300.3 Impressions

Test drove the LW 300.3 this past weekend. I'm looking for a replacement for my 2002 Chevy Trailblazer that I really enjoy. I am looking for something with better gas milage.

The LW300.3 seemed like a good possibility.

The ride was fair. Noisy from both the road and the engine. When accelerating, the engine noise really was noticable. It was fairly comfortable from the drivers seat. Better positioned arm rests would be nice. More steering wheel controls, ie air and radio would be a big plus.

My biggest complaint was the positioning and layout of the DVD player. First off the screen. When it was in the folded storage position - the screen was still showing. This is just an accident waiting to happen. How much trouble would it have been to fold it the other way and protect the screen in the folded position? Secondly, the player. Horrible positioning. Another accident waiting to happen. Not sure where would be a better place, but if that is the place - at least make a nice console for the box and protect the player. Losing that storage of the center console was a big negative as well.

Needless to say, but I am not replacing my trailblazer with the L300.3, I'm going to look at the Passat wagon next.

Reply to
tom