Mechanic killed air conditioning

I was short on time, so I had a local mechanic replace my leaking radiator in my 1993 SL2. Alas, in all this heat I recently discovered that my air conditioning no longer works, and all I get through the vents is this sickly, slightly urine-like smell. Any idea to what he might have screwed up? I'm going to be doing some work on the car today, so I thought I might give it a try. Thanks in advance for advice.

Meph

Reply to
Mephistopheles Jones

Maybe he cracked a line or damaged condensor core and refrigerant leaked out. If it is low, the A/C will not work. If he did, he needs to fix it if it was working when it went to him.

SnoMan

Sounds like he pissed into your vents and also maybe damaged the condenser or disconnected one or more of the A/C lines from it while doing the rad. Now your talking $$$ to get it fixed if there is damage.

dave mc

Reply to
davemac

The odor is from bateria that is known to form in there. A shoot of bleach water (2 parts water, one part bleach) with a atomizer with blower on will fix the odor.

SnoMan