Moderator??

I believe the moderator(s) of this group should reel in some of the off-topic and flame conversations & threads on this forum.

Reply to
Dana Rohleder

Good idea but there is no moderator.

Reply to
Art

You are your own moderator. Learn to use your killfile and then use it! Otherwise, STFU.

Reply to
Rev Turd Fredericks

The delightful irony here is, you've just started such a conversation yourself.

-G.K.

Reply to
Gary Kirchherr

Wow

Reply to
newsgroups01REMOVEME

Or, just maybe, I was trying to improve the group. Unfortunately, the idiots in the group used it as an opportunity to show how little they care. It used to be newsgroups had to have a real person (moderator) that was responsible for the group before it would be granted access to the various newsgroup services.

Reply to
Dana Rohleder

The 'jerk-be-gone' feature of my newsreader works well also, Turd. But before long, this group will be as lame as most of the others if a little decorum can't be used. Dana

Reply to
Dana Rohleder

I assumed you were trying to improve the group.

There's always been both unmoderated and moderated newsgroups in the years I've surfed - however I've never spent the time to research all the why's and how's.

If you have a Saturn and or are interested in the car and company, this is still a good place to hang out (imo).

Reply to
Jonnie Santos

Surprisingly, it is. Over the years I have unsubscribed to many groups as they became unusable. This group is still useful to me as the S/N ratio has not gotten out of hand.

-David

Reply to
Sandra Ayres