More Transmission Weirdness Need advise

I recently changed the valve body on a 93 SL1 because of extremely hash shifting, with check engine code, and sometimes a strange squeal when shifting. I got a factory manual, and following all the steps, replaced the VB with one from 6th Planet. Alas, when I test drove the car, the problem was still there. The VB replacement had made no difference at all. I parked the car and had decided to junk it, but about a week later decided to take it for one last spin. This time the transmission performed perfectly and has continued to do so! What's happening here? Did the PCM have to reset itself to the new valve body or do I have some other, intermittent problem that's probably going to return?

The tranny manual said to "reset the adaptives" after installing the valve body. Does this mean to disconnect the battery? If so, I did this before the first test drive when it malfunctioned, but not before the good test.

Gary

Reply to
Gary Compton

Blah Blah