Need picture of Altenator position

Can someone direct me to a site which will show me diagram of engine motor, I want to look at the position of the altenator on the motor. Thanks, I have a 95 SL2.

Reply to
Lorie

Sorry, no pix, but if it is anything like my 94 SW2, then it is is low on the rear of the engine at the curb side. You have to remove the rear half of the splash guard from the right front wheel well to remove the alternator, so that gives a clue as to where to look.

Reply to
Ned Forrester

Go to Borders and look at the Chilton manual (or Haynes if they have it). Or just follow the drive belt-- it's the pulley with the funky-looking fan blades connected to it. I'm in the middle of replacing mine on my 93 SL2. There's a large pulley up near the coolant reservoir, and the alternator is below this. Do a search of this group and you'll find detailed instructions for access/replacement. Actually, the pictures in the Chilton and Haynes manual are just somewhat useful-- you have to get down in there and look for yourself. I might take a picture in the next few days, if the spirit moves me to.

Reply to
Mephistopheles Jones

Check here:

James1549